Golden Clouds’ Green Commitment
An eco-friendly luxury villa in Jamaica, Golden Clouds is proud to be LEED-Certified for our conservation efforts. Our key priorities include community involvement, waste reduction, energy efficiency, and localized purchasing while providing a comfortable and welcoming environment for every guest. Our Green Commitment includes growing our business responsibly, by tracking the progress of our efforts and by continuously seeking areas for improvement.
Some specific examples of our Green Commitment include the following:
- Use of solar panels to reduce carbon footprint and offset energy consumption
- Use of photocells and CFL's where appropriate
- Timers on all pool pumps to reduce utilization of electricity
- Linen re-use program at the discretion of our guests
- Use of our own wastewater treatment plant to collect all waste on property
- Use of natural ventilation and ceiling fans to supplement use of air conditioning
- Reduced use of paper napkins, straws, and coasters to eliminate unnecessary waste
- Use of environmentally friendly gardening without using harsh pesticides
At Golden Clouds, we understand that sustainability is a continuous journey and, as Jamaica's premier eco-friendly luxury villa, we're involved in the ongoing process of improving our operations and conserving resources. We work closely with our neighbors, including the Oracabessa Bay Fish Sanctuary and the Oracabessa Foundation, to do our part in the area’s sustainability efforts.